What if the noise continues?

If your first or second approach doesn’t work, or you feel intimidated, you have two choices. You can ask the owners corporation to issue them with a breach notice. Or you can apply for mediation through the relevant government authority in your state or territory. Because noise is such a subjective matter, it can be difficult to prove that someone is truly disturbing others. If the noise is regular, keeping a diary of incidents, and even recording some of them with a mobile phone’s audio or video app can help provide helpful evidence. Also keep a copy of any correspondence you have regarding the issue. Ref: Strata Community Aust.

Was this article helpful?
Can't Find what you're looking for? Contact Us