What about info for tenants?

Your landlord or the landlord’s real estate agent should provide you with a copy of the lease and the by-laws pertaining to the strata scheme. You will need to obtain the permission of your landlord or their real estate agent. Depending on the by-laws for the scheme, even if they agree, they may have to obtain the consent of the owners corporation, so you should not sign the lease until written consent has been granted, or ensure the lease is made conditional upon owners corporation consent being granted, and that if it’s not, you’ll be able to terminate the lease without penalty. Ref: Strata Community Aust.

Was this article helpful?
Can't Find what you're looking for? Contact Us