Setting Up or Changing By-Laws (WA)

I want to set up By-Laws for a new strata scheme or change existing By-Laws?

In most states you adopt standard By-Laws and then add additional rules that best suit your property. Remember your By-Laws must not be inconsistent with the Act governing strata schemes and body corporates in your State or any law. To get assistance you can consult a solicitor.

In Western Australia By Laws can be changed by “Special Resolution” at a general meeting of the strata company. A Special Resolution requires 75% or more to vote in favour. Once passed the new approved By Laws must be registered with the Registrar of Titles at Landgate within three months of the date of the meeting by lodging a “Notification of Change of By-Laws” form.

Was this article helpful?
Can't Find what you're looking for? Contact Us